Human Appeal International (HAI) is a non-profit organisation working across the globe to strengthen humanity’s fight against poverty, social injustice and natural disaster.
Through the provision of immediate relief and establishment of self sustaining development programmes, we aim to invest in real, effective solutions.
Established in 1991 from a one bedroom flat in the city of Manchester, HAI has grown into a thriving charity. Now over 20 years old, we have a presence in 24 countries spanning across 3 continents: Asia, Africa and Europe. By establishing firm and loyal grass root relationships with local, national and international partners we are able to access some of the world’s most hard to reach places, at the most vulnerable of times. This means that we can help those people that most other organisations are unable to reach.
HAI believe that establishing stable health care, education and income generation programmes, paves the way for empowered, self-serving communities. We also recognise that the provision of food, medical aid and emergency shelter in times of humanitarian crises’ is essential for the immediate preservation of life. As such, we value the importance of a multidimensional aid approach, and therefore dedicate our time respectively between emergency relief and long term development. Our work can be divided into the following areas:
Our aim is to create a movement capable of overcoming the suffering experienced within this world. We are committed to:
- Helping all victims of poverty, social injustice and natural disaster irrespective of race and/or religion;
- Establishing long lasting development programmes as well as providing immediate relief;
- Facilitating secure provisions for orphans;
- Preserving basic human rights;
- Maintaining a global reach;
- Employing highly skilled and experienced staff members;
- Working in line with UK Charity Commission guidelines; and
- Ensuring full transparency and accountability.
At HAI, we are dedicated to maximising the use of all donations. As such, we are committed to using funds contributed by private donors and/or the income generated through Gift Aid (tax reclaims) to cover the costs of in-house expenses before we allocate any further funds (should the need arise). As such, your declaration of Gift Aid is vital to the running of our charity and it comes at no extra costs to you! So, remember to authorise Gift Aid on all your donations. For more information about Gift Aid please visit: www.hmrc.gov.uk
Affiliates & Partners
Through our field offices in Asia, Africa and the Middle East we work with:
- UNICEF (The United Nations Children’s Fund)
- UNHCR (United Nations High Commission for Refugees)
- WFP (World Food Programme)
- WHO (World Health Organisation)
We also work with:
- BOND (British overseas NGOs for Development)
- MSF Doctors Without Borders
- International Red Cross and Red Cresent
- Muslim Charities Forum