HR Manager – Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Title: HR Manager – Islamabad, Pakistan
Reporting to: Country Director
Line Manage: HR Officers, HR Coordinator
Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
Contract period: 6 months fixed term, renewable depending on availability of additional funding.
Closing date: 6th July 2020
Salary range: PKR 80,000 – PKR 110,000
About Human Appeal
Here at Human Appeal we have an exciting opportunity for a HR Manager to be based at our Islamabad office in Pakistan. This is a 6 month fixed term contract, renewable depending on availability of funding with PKR 80,000 – PKR 110,000 per month. You will be reporting to Country Director of Pakistan.
Human Appeal is a faith-based charity that aims to abolish poverty by providing humanitarian aid, sustainable development programs and championing advocacy for our beneficiaries worldwide. Human Appeal has 7 International Field Offices across Africa, Asia and the Middle East (Iraq, Lebanon, Pakistan, Palestine, Somalia, Turkey, and Yemen). Human Appeal Somalia Field office programme operations are based in Mogadishu, Gedo region and previously Bai region, with programmatic focus in the sectors of; WASH, Shelter, FSL, Education/Child Sponsorship, Protection and Health.
Main Job Purpose
Manage the HR Department and ensure the robustness of the HR management systems and processes, as well as smooth coordination with HA Head Quarter.
Key Result Indicators
1. Accurate identification of capacity building needs within HA regional office with corrective actions
2. Successful implementation of A-Z HR projects including L&D, ER, Operational HR and OD.
3. Fit for purpose HR plans/strategy development and implementation.
4. Systematic recruitment process and management of entire employment cycle
5. Policy deployment, timely reporting and best practice implementation.
Essential Job Responsibilities
1. HR Services:
§Work closely with Head of Missions/ Country Director to develop strategic plans and HR plans for field office
§Establish a set of recruitment procedures and standards, and lead on recruitment process to ensure effectiveness and qualities of hiring
§Conduct interviews for managerial positions and other strategic level positions in field office, to assure professionalism of management team of field office
§Be actively involved in and aware of complaints made by employees, so as to proactively spot needs and concerns in field office, and deliver quick, practical, business focused solutions.
§Assure regional office is acting within and HA’s HR policies and procedures, ensuring consistency and fairness in application, in accordance with HA’s policy and local legislative requirements.
§Ensure particularly that staff management policies and procedures are developed and/or adapted and effectively communicated and implemented, so that staff members can develop to their full potential.
§Establish and implement a salary and compensation scheme, and ensure staffs are paid accurately and on time through overseeing the proper preparation of monthly payroll calculations, including computations for leavers.
§Conduct regular researches on HR market, to timely update payroll system and salary plans, so as to retain and recruit.
2. Capacity building and performance appraisal:
§Establish and maintain a HR system with well-rounded packs and SOPs, including induction packs, training programmes, performance appraisal scheme and other projects related to HR, for further development of in-house staff.
§Work closely with the senior management team to identify development needs across the organisation and develop detailed staff development plans, based on capacity building plans, to ensure that HA staff have the required skills and abilities to provide capacity building and transferable skills to be flexible in work places.
§Coordinate within all training programmes by HR departments by providing necessary resources and supervising implementation of trainings to ensure deliveries of high-quality trainings, including but not limited to workshops, manuals, handbooks.
§Conduct the annual performance appraisals for supervised staff, and Make these documents a useful tool for employees to maintain and improve their performance.
§Provide feedback on performance appraisal and professional development of HR staff to Human Resources Department and Head of Mission.
3.Liaise with Headquarter:
§Oversee the HR activities in field office and coordinate the timely submission of monthly HR field reports to Head Of Mission, donors, human appeal HQ
§Supervise the preparation and submission of HR reports to HQ, donors and local government entities based on HA policies, local laws and donors' requirements. When required, provide background information on the nature of costs to donors and other stakeholders
§Implementation of HQ projects and organisational Development plans.
Experience and Technical Competencies
- University Degree in HR, Business Management or related field or equivalent work experience required. A professional certification in HR or a related field highly desired.
- Minimum of 5 Years of Experience in HR department, and 3 years of leading HR teams
- Significant experience with institutional donors, including UN donors.
- Experience in developing strategies and strengthening systems.
- Excellent English communication skills (both oral and written).
- Excellent report writing and editing skills.
- Ability to work independently, exercise judgement and flexibility in a very challenging environment.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Strong team leadership and conflict resolution skills, adaptability and interest in capacity building.
- Ability to relate to and motivate team members effectively.
- Highly reliable, able to consistently meet tight deadlines.
- Strong on assessments and case management.
- Excellent cross-cultural awareness.
- Experience working in security-sensitive environments and enforcement of team security protocols is an asset.
- Familiarity with the IASC guidelines for interventions in humanitarian settings.
- Master’s degree in relevant field.
Please note this is a local contract, for this role you must have the right to work in Pakistan.
HOW TO APPLY:
We are looking to appoint this role ASAP and will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so for the best chance of success please click ‘apply’ today to become our HR Manager – we would love to hear from you. *Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply*