Your Essential Ramadan Listening
We all want to make the most of Ramadan – to get closer to our God, to do good, to cut out bad habits, and to enjoy the blessings of the holy month.
That’s why Human Appeal has curated four Spotify playlists to help you get into the spirit of Ramadan. Each playlist will help your prayers, prepare you for the month ahead and help you to connect with your faith.
"Oh people! A great month has come over you; a blessed month; a month in which is a night better than a thousand months; month in which Allah has made it compulsory upon you to fast by day, and voluntary to pray by night. Whoever draws nearer (to Allah) by performing any of the (optional) good deeds in (this month) shall receive the same reward as performing an obligatory deed at any other time, and whoever discharges an obligatory deed in (this month) shall receive the reward of performing seventy obligations at any other time.”
(Narrated by Ibn Khuzaymah)
Quran, Talks and Nasheeds
Make the most of the blessings of the nights of Ramadan with our free Spotify playlists:
The essential a cappella nasheed playlist to get you spiritually ready and prepared for Ramadan with voice and percussion only, combining Islamic teachings with relaxing and insightful artistry. Added bonus: your kids will love it too!
In this playlist, you’ll hear a collection of talks to remind you of Islamic history and the blessings of Ramadan.
In this playlist, some of the most renowned Qaris in the world come together to recite the Holy Qur'an in its entirety. Listening to the Quran gives you the opportunity to think about its teachings and how to exercise these lessons in your life during Ramadan, and beyond.
Here’s a playlist to ease you into the festivities this Eid, no matter which day you celebrate, or how.
Our Ramadan Tips
We hope these playlists help brighten your Ramadan and serve as a handy tool to bring you closer to Allah, especially in these unprecedented times. Use them to help you pray, or to help you through the challenges that fasting can present. But to make sure you have a happy, successful Ramadan, there are plenty of other things you can do in addition to listening to our playlists.
Here are five quick and handy suggestions:
- Divide the day into prayers instead of hours, helping you dwell less on the time between meals.
- Keep a full glass of water nearby from iftar until you sleep.
- Dedicate some space in your house to pray, read the Quran and do dhikr. A place where you can find some tranquillity and escape from your usual daily activities.
- Share your days with friends and family who are experiencing Ramadan along with you, even if virtually.
- Reflect on why Ramadan is such an important time of the year for you, express gratitude, and ponder how your actions can have a positive influence on others. Creating the Human Appeal Ramadan playlists has helped us to get into the spirit of Ramadan and focus our efforts on our Feed the Fasting projects across the world. This Ramadan, one in nine people will go to bed on an empty stomach. For them, the fasting doesn’t end.
- Donate, and help fasting people to find relief, and to participate in the holy month. Last year, you helped 43,230 people to break their fast. With your support, we can continue, and improve, this beautiful generosity this year too.
Now is the time to give.